RASMEE, ISAN SOUL
Second album from Rasmee, mixing northeastern Thai Isan sounds with lukthung, African, blues, rock and other styles. The track Little Girls was nominated for Best Recording of the Year, and Rasmee received the award for Best Female Artist at the Thai national 'Season Awards'. Rasmee's brilliant voice is accompanied by guitar, percussion, drums, bass, phin, khaen and other traditional instruments.
1. Emotion (Arom) 08:41 2. Little Girls (acoustic) 05:38 3. The Beauty of Loneliness 07:06 4. Boonreun's Love Song 05:16 5. Free Beauty 05:28 6. Sin and Virtue 02:28 7. Little Girls (full band) 06:09 8. Captured by the Nib of a Pen
Huang Look - Collectibles Records Vol. 90
Part of the excellent Collectibles series, original vinyl records, repackaged in carboard slip case CDs with black vinyl style design on CD with original artwork as cover and record label on CD. Beautifully presented and mastered. Waiphot Phetsuphan is one of the Thailand's greatest singers, designated a 'National Artist' Born in 1942 he is of Laotian descent and was popular through the 1960s to 1980s in particular.
1. Hwang Luk 2. Pi Hna Taeng Nae 3. Hmaks Boran 4. Ba Yaks 5. Maeyay Ca 6. Sin Mae Phaetaek 7. Neuxkhu Xyu Hin 8. Rup Hiks Kiks Meiy 9. Peid Ci Wjphch 10. Masya Hing Heyoks 11. Klaw Phi 12. Phaoks Meiy 13. Khawwhim Plaman 14. Phi Yang Khexy 15. Khin Kra 16. Say Pel
Dao Look Kai - Collectibles Records Vol. 85
Collectible Series 85 of original vinyl 60s and 70s albums released onto CD with original artwork in slip case packaging and original label printed on CD. Classic from lukthung crooner Phon Phirom, born in 1928 in Ayutthaya who died in 2010.
1. Dao Lukkai Ton 1 2. Dao Lukkai Ton 2 3. Rim Krailat Ton 1 4. Rim Krailat Ton 2 5. Rak Deiw Cideyw 6. Phrom Buppha 7. Tak Teiyng 8. Phak Kab Mae 9. He Khruth 10. Waew Ta 11. Fak Ci Wi Kab Canthra 12. Fenci Saw Law 13. Dao Ma Ton 1 14. Dao Ma Ton 2
Taramurag - The Story of Rangay
Latest album from the very wonderful Sambasunda, to commemorate their 25th anniversary. Features an incredible 32 musicians, with various Indonesian traditional instruments such as angklung, suling and degung, in their own inimitable mixed up, pulsating, invigorating style.
1. Tarakaroris 2. Victory 3. Pantun 4. Taramurag 5. Di Nagara Deungeun 6. Kinanti 7. Tarakakino 8. Bulan Sapasi 9. Dipikiran 10. Paris Van Java
People who bought this item also bought:
MAR MAR AYE - MYOMA AMATEUR MUSIC ASSOCIATION
Myoma Amateur Music Association was co-founded in 1925 by Myoma Nyein (1909-1955). From Mandalay, Nyein is considered one of the greatest Burmese composers and musicians, responsible for a large body of work that has inspired future generations. The Association has continued to perform and this album is a recording with another legend of Burmese music, Mar Mar Aye. It's believed that during the 1980s, she was singing on 80% of all Burmese soundtracks. She emigrated to the US in 1998, so it can probably be assumed this is a recording before that. Other composers on this album include Saya Tin, U Ba Thien, U Bo Khin and Ko Shon Myine.
MAR MAR AYE - MYOMA AMATEUR MUSIC ASSOCIATION
Myoma Amateur Music Association was co-founded in 1925 by Myoma Nyein (1909-1955). From Mandalay, Nyein is considered one of the greatest Burmese composers and musicians, responsible for a large body of work that has inspired future generations. The Association has continued to perform and this album is a recording with another legend of Burmese music, Mar Mar Aye. It's believed that during the 1980s, she was singing on 80% of all Burmese soundtracks. She emigrated to the US in 1998, so it can probably be assumed this is a recording before that. Other composers on this album include
VARIOUS - MYOMA AMATEUR MUSIC ASSOCIATION
Singers on this album include Zaw One, Thu Maung, Than Myat Soe, Tin Tin Mya and Yi Yi Thant. Composers include Myoma Nyein, Nan Daw She Saya Tin, Saya Nyar, U Ba Thein and Ko Shon Myine.
MAR MAR AYE - MYOMA AMATEUR MUSIC ASSOCIATION
The great Burmese vocalist Mar Mar Aye, with compositions by Saya Tin, Myoma Nyein, U Ba Thein, U Win Phay, U Ko Shon Myine, Ko Ye Htwe, Ko Nyi Gyi Aung
SOUTHERN THAI MUSIC TRADITIONAL ENSEMBLE
Thai Southern Native Performance Theme
Manorah is a traditional dance of Southern Thailand. Manorah is also a kind of imaginary animal, a combination of human and bird, that appears in various Thai traditional folk tales. The dancers wear traditional costumes, with wings, tail and a crown. Manorah can be seen in festivals and celebrations in southern Thailand.
1. Manorah Dance Theme 2. Manorah Dance (Vocal) 3. Taree Tee Pad Dance 4. Dern Pran Dance 5. Pramong Dance 6. Pa-te Dance 7. Bong Tun 8. Chak Pra Dance 9. Rong Ngang Dance
WATCH a video of manorah Thai dance and explanation in English.
Yaw Tha Ma Paung Chote
Latest album from the Burmese hip hop star, who combines hip hop and dance rhythms with Burmese traditional music in a quite startling way. Thxa Soe travelled to London and other cities, soaking up the dance music and at the same time heard Burmese traditional music at the British Library! He decided to combine the two. 12 tracks.
Hoshi wo Mite Nemurimasyo (Cassette Tape)
Solo work of Koheysai Kawamura, musician and illustrator, of Taikuh Jikang, his Indonesian gamelan project. Kawamura has worked with artists including Ikue Asazaki, Haruomi Hosono, Yoshimi (Boredoms) and performed at Fuji Rock and many other festivals. He spent one year in Bali, to study the music of Shadow Puppet Theatre, and made this recording while in Bali. Not just Balinese gamelan but Ethiopian and Japanese influences, sung in Waleke, his own made-up language. 58 minutes total, artwork by Kawamura. Listen to a sound sample and trailer to a documentary on Kawamura.
1. HOSHI WO MITE NEMURIMASYO 2. AISATSU NO UTA 3. MERIPA 1 4. YOBAIUTA 1 5. YOBAIUTA 2 6. SOUDENSEN TO TENBINBOU 7. ABEKOBE NO HANA
1. SINJU NO UTA 2. WECHIKEP 3. WALAK ELELE 1 4. TEMO 5. WALAK ELELE 2 6. UMI TO YORU 7. POLAY
WATCH DOCUMENTARY TRAILER
Lam Phloen World Class: The Essential Banyen Rakkaen (Compiled by Soi48)
We've long been selling the music of Banyen Rakkaen, one of the great Thai morlam singers. This is a new compilation of tracks from the early to mid 1970s originally released as 7 inch singles. Great vocals, naturally, with production by the very wonderful Thepphabut Satirodchomhu. Includes English liner notes in 28 page booklet, with rare photos. Tracks remastered.
1. Spinning Cotton on a Full Moon Night 2. Lam Phloen to Soothe the Heart 3. Promise of March 4. Lam Phloen World-class 5. I Wont Move 6. Lam Yao Salab Toei 7. Toei from the Heart 8. Lam Phloen Bar Girl Banyen 9. Lam Phloen I Dont Love You 10. Whose Guy Is It? 11. Lam Phloen Daen Isan 12. Lam Toei Salab Chak
A Reset of Earth
Anna Chong is a Malaysian singer songwriter,and one of the most creative forces out of her country right now. She sings in her own invented language, Chinese and English. This is her second album, and is entirely self funded. Inspired by her father, each song is a story of the motivations in her own life, told with an honesty that transcends language. Her vocals and guitar are accompanied by bass, violins, oboe and various percussion including djembe, cajon, tabla and udu. Chinese, Malay and other world elements are added to the western singer/songwriter focus in a strikingly effective way.
1. A Reset of Earth 2. Wildflower 3. Mana 4. Turtles Tame Chaos 5. Orange 6. Maongi Hutu
Ngulihi Si Tading
Murni Surbakti is a Karo, a people of the Karo lands of northen Sumatra. She combines the traditional music of the karo with a jazz sensibility and other contemporary sounds with the help of producer Ramona Purba.
1. Diding Musuh Suka 2. Perkantong Samping 3. Bintang Similep Ilep 4. Bayu 5. Jumpa La Banci
Indische Party play 60s style rhythm 'n' blues, music that was popular at the time in Indonesia. With singer Jafar Shadiq, compared to Mick Jagger, female drummer Tika Pramestri, and the surf guitar of Andre Idris, Indische Party have gained popularity at home in Jakarta and were part of the recent Europalia festival in Europe in 2017.
1. Terkapar Sudah 2. I Wanna Dance 3. Babe You Got a Hold on Me Somehow (feat. John David) 4. Have you Ever Cried 5. Ingin Dekatmu 6. Serigala 7. Evil Town 8. Khilaf 9. Atlantis 2015 10. Paula Abdul
Currently living in Chiang Mai, Rasmee Wayrana is from the Isan region of North East Thailand. She grew up in a musical family, her father was the founder of the Khmer folk group, Jariang Band, and started singing at the age of 5. Her music mixes morlam style vocals with soul, blues and jazz elements. It's often been called a mix of Isan and Nina Simone, a hypnotic concoction, that's for sure, and one of the best singers in Thailand of recent years.
1. Maya 2. Muang Chut Dam 3. Boonruen's Love Song 4. Lam Duan 5. Where are You? 6. Prakaprui 7. Naoina
Lam Phloen Phumphuang Duanchan
Originally released in 1985, album produced by Doi Inthanon. Phumphuang who died in 1992, aged 30, was considered the 'Queen of Country Music'. She was from a poor farming family in central Thailand, and after winning many local singing competitions, eventually became the biggest star of lukthung, especially popular with the migrant workers in Bangkok. This album contains seven lukthung and three morlam songs. Comes with English liner notes in a 28 page booklet.
1. Diao Don Any Time Now 2. Lets Leave It Once and For All 3. The Voice from the Countryside 4. The Koel Tells the Sad Tale of Parting 5. Lam Phloen Phumphuang Duangchan 6. Lam Phloen Let Me Be Your Lover 7. Lam Phloen I Will Wait by the Mun River 8. You Are So Handsome 9. Words that Disappeared on the Breeze 10. Big City Beast
Lek Samaiphone Phosay
From Laos, Lek Samaiphone Phosay sings a mix of pop and Laotion traditional lam music. A star at home she is a regular vistor overseas singing primarily for the Laotian ex-pat communities in the US and elsewhere.
One of the most popular singers in Laos, Sengnapha Dalanoy sings a mix of pop and Lam, sharing a style with Thai music of the Isan region. Fairly upbeat, mix of traditional and western instruments.
North Korean CDs
Click the image above to see a list of North Korean CDs available.
There are hundreds of titles available, as listed below. All cost £24.99. They range from Korean folk songs, revolutionary opera, Pochonbo Electronic Ensemble to military music. If you are interested in any particular volumes let us know and we will find out availability. Or if you want recommendations, please let us know and we will get back to you with recommended titles. We have full track listings in English for most titles. Click here to email for order and availability THE STATE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
Volumes 1-28 ORCHESTRAL PIECES
Volumes 1-3DANCE MUSIC
Volume 1 (one title)POCHONBO ELECTRONIC ENSEMBLE
Volumes 1-182JUVENILE SONGS
We are Flowers and Butterflies (one title)REVOLUTIONARY OPERA MUSIC
Volumes 1 and 2KOREAN SONGS
Volumes 1-6KOREAN FOLK SONGS
Volumes 1-3KOREAN JUVENILE MUSIC
Volumes 1-11KOREAN FILM MUSIC
Volumes 1-3THE KOREAN PEOPLE'S ARMY MERITED STATE CHORUS
Volumes 1-64THE KOREAN PEOPLE'S ARMY BAND
Volumes 1-13THE KOREAN PEOPLE'S ARMY SONG AND DANCE ENSEMBLE
Volumes 1-36TV DRAMA MUSIC
Volume 1 (one title)
Shanghai Discontinued Famous Hits of the 1930s and 1940s Vol.11
Volume 11 in the exceptional series of 1930s and 40s music from Shanghai. Comes in hard back book style lavish packaging, loingly restored from 78s in Singapore. Track listing not available yet. 20 tracks.
Shanghai Discontinued Famous Hits of the 1930s and 1940s Vol.12
Volume 12 in the exceptional series of 1930s and 40s music from Shanghai. Comes in hard back book style lavish packaging, loingly restored from 78s in Singapore. Track listing not available yet. Released April 2018.
Music of Burma - Virtuoso of Burmese Guitar, Man Ya Pyi U Tin and His Bama Guitar
Second album from the very wonderful Burmese guitar player U Tin. This time his Bama gita (slide guitar) is accompanied by the vocals of Hla Min and the bamboo xylophone (Pattala) of Maung Than Aye. Recorded in Burma, this is another revelation of an album.
1. Kat Kyan De Myanmar 2. Ar Chit Yee 3. Ka Chey There 4. Pale Mykit Son 5. Chit Ye Sin 6. Kyun Dot Myat Tar 7. Snwe Min Gan 8. A Ma Ka Smi De A The 9. Moe 10. Ba Wa Tran Tha Ka
People who bought this item also bought:
Queen's Road East - Huanghoudadaodong (Cardboard Jacket Mini LP Style)
Originally released on Rock Records in 1991, compilation of Hong Kong pop with a local flavour mostly featured in various films. Artists include Shirley Yuan, Luo Da You, Anita Mui, James Wong, Ram Tseung and Deanie Ip. Tracks include themes from A Moment of Romance 1 & 2, Blue Lightning, A Chinese Ghost Story. 10 tracks.
Seven Bells (Cardboard Jacket Mini LP Style)
Excellent compilation of 1950s and 60s Hong Kong pop from some of the stars of the day.
1. Yeh Ming / South of the River 2. Yeh Feng / Haven't You Forgotten 3. Yeh Feng / Lover's Hill 4. Liang Ping / Together in Dream 5. Liang Ping / Listen to Me 6. Tung Pei Pei / No One Cares for Me 7. Winnie Wei / Beautiful Hong Kong Night 8. Winnie Wei / Seven Bells 9. Loh Yi / Where to Find You 10. Loh Yi, Kiang Hung / Bachelor's Love 11. Tung Pei Pei, Kiang Hung / The Bright Moonlight 12. Tung Pei Pei, Kiang Hung / I Will Follow You 13. Liang Ping / Peach Blossom Love 14. Liang Ping / Love You Love You 15. Yeh Ming / He is My Spring
ORKES KERONCONG CAFRINHO TUGU
Keroncong de Tuga
Orkes Keroncong Cafrinho Tugu are one of the oldest Keroncong orchestras in Indonesia, dating back to 1925. Keroncong is one of the oldest forms of hybrid music, with elements of Portugal and Hawaii assimilated by the local musicians.
1. Oud Batavia 2. Kr. Moresco 3. Gatu Matu 4. Bintang Surabaya 5. Selendang Mayang 6. Putus Harapan 7. Yan Kaga Leti 8. Bunga Teratai 9. Rosinah 10. Kr. Oud Batavia 11. Oh Kekasihku 12. Burung Srinti 13. Kr. Lief Java 14. Sarinah
People who bought this item also bought:
Sai Gon Saigon
Collaboration between the wonderful Vietnamese singer Huong Thanh and French jazz vibraphone player Franck Tortiller with other French jazz musicians including Bertrand Lajudie, Alexandre Herichon, Vincent Tortiller and Richard Metairon. Traditional tunes are given a new lease of life, with the evocative atmosphere of French Saigon.
1. Quê Huong Là Gì? 2. Làng Tôi 3. Biet Ly 4. Xóm Quê 5. Trang Ðêm 6. Ðuong Lên Son Cuoc 7. Khúc Nhac Duoi Trang 8. Mot Thoáng Mo 9. Huong Xuân 10. Lòng Me
By any definition, Tri Nguyen is an exceptional musician. He is a virtuoso classical pianist and one of Vietnam's greatest players of the traditional zither, the dan tranh. Not surprisingly, his previous albums have been collaborations of some sort. One with a western string quartet the other with Arabic oud player Qais Saadi. This, however, is his most ambitious album yet, with excursions to Africa, Brazil, Scotland, Kalmykia (a republic in Russia), Corsica and Vietnam. There are lots of surprises along the way, Nguyen's virtuosity bringing out the versatility of his instrument.
1. Distant Voices (feat. Mabinty Camara, Ella Bangoura, Faama Bangoura, Charlie Youla) 2. Hanging Moon (feat. Clément Garcin) by Teca Calazans, Tri Nguyen 3. Guacyra (feat. Clément Garcin) by Teca Calazans, Tri Nguyen 4. Dragon and Tiger Dance (feat. Huynh Kim Sinh) 5. My Home by Tri Nguyen, Pipe Band Mackeller 6. Edjin Duun (feat. Clément Garcin) by Tri Nguyen, Buynta Goryaeva 7. A Biasgina by Tri Nguyen, A Stonda 8. A Blackbird in Kallisté by Tri Nguyen, A Stonda 9. Evening Song (feat. Staythesame, Net Viet) 10. Black Riding Horse (feat. Staythesame, Net Viet)
Bangkok Nites (Original Soundtrack)
Soundtrack to the highly acclaimed Japanese film, Bangkok Nites, directed by Katsuya Tomita. Filmed in Bangkok and Northeast Thailand, the story evolves around Luck, a popular escort who works on Thaniya Road in Bangkok for Japanese clients including Ozawa. They take a trip to Northeast Thailand and Laos, home to morlam music. The soundtrack mixes 1970s and 80s morlam, lukthung and contemporary music from including Japanese blues and rap artists.
1.Pai Tuktuk Dwai / DJ Pai Dwai 2.Pai Massage Dwai / Young-G (stillichimaya) 3. Kin no Nyoi / Suri Yamuhi & The Babylon Band 4.You've Left Me Alone / Suri Yamuhi & The Babylon Band 5.Porra XXXSSS Tokyo 6.Somutame Dake / Onuma Shinshiri 7. Innaka wa Ii ne / Runpet Lemushin 8. Isaan Radio 9. Pipe Yo Pipe Yo / Dao Bandun 10. Burn! Burn! Burn! -Surfin' Dien Bien Phu / Suri Yamuhi & The Babylon Band 11. Kimi o Kaimodosu / Bannonkai Band 12. Samet Love / DJ Pai Dwai 13. Nikkuki Motasai / Kuwanta Fasawan 14. Yoru no Shuki - Chitto Pumisakku no Uta Yori / Surachai Jantimaton 15. Saramanda / DJ Pai Dwai 16.Tamarindo no Ha (Morlam) / Ankanan Kunchai 17. Ban Suwairon / Kun Narinzu Electronic Pin Band 18. Khane Whistle Reprise (JRP Tondo mix) / DJ Kensei feat. Tondo Tribe 19.Vang Vieng Bank (Change Yen to Lao) OST mix / DJ Kensei 20.Shenkuwan no Musume / Thong Boonma(vocals) Le Boonma(Khaen) 21.Get Em / XLII 22. Paun's House / Suri Yamuhi & The Babylon Band 23. Xanadu / Young-G 24. Kanom Party / Young-G (stillichimaya) 25. Song of an Angel / Suri Yamuhi & The Babylon Band 26.In no Katari / Spenja Ponkon 27. Isaan Ram Purun / Ankanan Kunchai 18. Mangetsu (Assani Ponrachan) / Toyoda Yuzo, Yamamura Tsuyoshi
WATCH MOVIE TRAILER
TRANG ANH THO
Nguoi Con Gai Xa Que (CD + DVD)
Vietnamese singer, in the popular genre of mixing traditional styles and instruments with rather syrupy backing. Great singing though. CD 11 tracks and DVD 13 tracks.
MAT TROI DO (RED SUN BAND)
Tri Ky (World Music, the World of Vietnamese Spirit)
Following China's Twelve Girls Band, it seems every Asian country needs one, and here are Vietnam's version. Four 'girls' playing traditional instruments for the modern world. This, their first album, is actually pretty good with not just the instruments but wonderful vocals. It's also designed to appeal to listeners outside Vietnam, with song translations into English.
1. Chau Van (Song for the Deity Mediumship) 2. Ly Chim Quyen (Song of the Cuckoo) 3. Ly Muoi Thuong (The Ten Sentiments) 4. Thenh Thenh Oh Oi 5. Ly Chuon Chuon (Dragonfly) 6. Tran Ai Tri Ky (Where is the Love on Earth?)
Relax & Sleep Bali
Balinese gamelan and other traditional instruments mixed with natural sounds, such as the sea and wind to create a relaxing soundscape. In similar vain to Kubota's Bali Dream album and Hotel Ibah by Blue Asia.
1. Imajinasi 2.Sungai 2. Sungai 3. Lotus 4. Suara 5. Hantu 6. Bulan 7. Bintang 8. Bermimpi
WATCH ALBUM SAMPLER